» The Bodhi Center adopts the ancient approach to yoga to inculcate in each student the wisdom that yoga manifests. Teaching and learning is therefore designed in such a way that ethical practices are ingrained automatically in the students at the Bodhi Center.
» The day begins with the daily regimen (Dincharya) and ancient code of conduct. Activities are planned according to seasonal code of conduct (Ritucharya). The concept of behavior chemistry (Achar- rasayan) is the concept that students are expected to imbibe.
» Maharishi Patanjali prescribed certain rules of how a person is expected to act in society (Yama) and how personal code and conduct (Niyama) is the expected and essential behavior for individuals to follow. We at the Bodhi Center expect this behavior terminology to be understood and practiced sincerely and honestly by all students to the best extent possible.
» Before students register for the yoga teacher training they must be aware that this traditional teaching will differ from that of the west. There could even be a fundamental difference in the understanding of the yogic path as that which is taught in the yoga schools in the west.
» Modified exercises that go by the name of yoga are frowned upon by The Bodhi Center and so only those students must apply for the course who are willing to commit to the strict regimen of the Center.
Code of Conduct
- Discipline is an integral part of the training program and so the course routine must be strictly observed.
- prior permission of the teacher or manager concerned is required if you want to skip any class for a valid reason. Failing this will be considered a gross breach of discipline and will not be tolerated.
- you are advised to ensure that you are on time for class as you will not be permitted to enter any class after 5 minutes of it’s commencement .
- Before departure from the Center, students must settle all dues and return all library books.
- The Center does not make arrangements for guests of students. Any activity that is not related to the course is not permitted.
- Disrespect to rules and regulations could result in termination of studentship without any refund of fee.
- A student must intimate in advance if He intends to skip a meal so that any wastage of food could be avoided.